Maintenance Schedule

cmwade77

Maintenance Schedule

Post by cmwade77 »

Does anyone have a copy of the recommended maintenance schedule for this machine?

Our dealer is trying to convince me that at about 3 months old and less than 60,000 square feet we need a $1,200 Engine PCA Service Kit based on an error that the machine has given us all of twice. Needless to say, it smells fishy to me and so I am trying to get my hands on said maintenance schedule. Yes, I know it will be only an estimate, but it will give me a good idea of what should be needed when and I will know if we are way off and should push for it to be fixed at a reduced cost or to just accept it as part of the cost of maintenance.

They may be correct about this, but I really don't know and accounting will want independent verification. Ideally given this dollar amount, this soon, they would want quotes from three dealers and want to know if they all came to the same conclusion. Unfortunately, HP's policies don't allow for us to get service anywhere but from the dealer we purchased the machine from, so I need to resort to whatever I can to get independent information in a way that HP's policies will allow for.
tech2tech

Re: Maintenance Schedule

Post by tech2tech »

I have a customer who's XL8000 is over 500,000 sq. ft. and has had no service calls. Now to be fair I have gone out to do additional training on the software and do Firmware updates. We have 2 other customers that have not had there machine as long but are high volume users and will do 1 million sq ft this year. Again no service calls.
"If you mess with a thing long enough, It'll break"
Steve.Martin

Post by Steve.Martin »

We are over a million Sqft. The machine will tell you when it needs something replaced. I have a copy of that PK Kit Maintenance Schedule somewhere... I was told to ignore it about 2 weeks after Training in Georgia. So Its somewhere I will look for it if I find it I will pass it along.
We have had many calls on this machine. Mainly for Firmware upgrade and downgrade issues. We have also ran into early model rewiring issues. We have some of the first Pagewides off the line so we are constantly getting hit with simple fix early model issues.
Steve.Martin

Post by Steve.Martin »

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_1ff ... jh4V0p4LVE

This is the one I have. None are available yet. I was in touch with Pagewide Service and they said they are still updating the list...
SO I dont know what the final one will be.

Thanks
cmwade77

Post by cmwade77 »

Wow and we now only have about 95,000 Square Feet, talk about trying to sell me services we don't need......LOL. Really, firmware upgrades fixed the issues we were having, so I am definitely going to question anything the dealer says must be done.
Jbell

Post by Jbell »

A circuit board (PCA stands for printed circuit assembly) going bad is completely unpredictable and the usage of the machine will almost never have anything to do with how long it lasts. If you see any sporadic error codes related to circuit boards its a safe bet its related to the firmware- the firmware is still buggy and I'm seeing many machines throw off error codes that point to several different PCAs. Also, please post the error code when asking for advice, it makes it more likely you'll receive a good reply :)