XL8000 drawer switches

Mark in Vegas

XL8000 drawer switches

Post by Mark in Vegas »

Every few weeks I have to straighten the actuators of the drawer position switches. Anyone come up with a fix yet? Part of the problem is operator caused, slamming the drawers shut. If the frame mounted tabs were adjustable I believe the problem would disappear. HP support has stated that there isn't a fix and they advise just straighten them out when they become bent. Flimsy drawer construction doesn't help the problem either. I suppose a dremel tool could be applied to the tab mounting hole but that only hides the issue. Ideas??
bermudaman

Re: XL8000 drawer switches

Post by bermudaman »

Same problem here. We've had a drawer down for a couple of weeks. Our 8000 is serviced by Konica Minolta. The tech says he's waiting to hear back from HP. I'll update you if i hear anything...
Mark in Vegas

Post by Mark in Vegas »

Thanx bermudaman. If the drawer is down because of bent actuators just reach in behind the actuator and bend it straight again. That will work for a while.
Mark in Vegas

Post by Mark in Vegas »

Update-HP has redesigned the drawer position switch actuators. Since replacing the switches there have been "0" drawer position errors and no bent actuators. CZ309-67443
OBX FatMan

Post by OBX FatMan »

This may seem silly - but how do we find these 'drawer position switch actuators'? I would love a 'bend them back' fix. We have a 5100 that has started to give us 'Close Paper Drawer" messages constantly ...and the drawer is closed.