SmartTracker Software

General info
cmwade77

SmartTracker Software

Post by cmwade77 »

Has anyone been able to get the new SmartTracker software working? All that I get is an error that says it cannot communicate with the server, even if the server is on the same computer as the client.
cfrepro

Re: SmartTracker Software

Post by cfrepro »

I have had a few bugs, but I am very happy with it. But then I have a very good dealer in my area.

If your dealer can't fix it call HP.
Jeffro

Post by Jeffro »

I had a helluva time setting up a trial of this software and just gave up on it. They added the ability to connect to Active Directory, which was enticing to me because it is much more practical than inputting every single user. However, nobody at HP even knows how it works. They had to escalate my call 3 times, and that guy had to try to contact the programmers. Ultimately, they ended up sending me some sort of internal document that showed how to set it up inside the HP network and closed my ticket as if it were actually resolved. :roll: I would love to hear about someone actually doing it successfully. It's way beyond what a technician should be expected to know.
oxident

Post by oxident »

Well, haven't tried it yet but if you could supply that mentioned document I would see if I understand it. Unfortunately I don't have a machine to try it at the moment.
cmwade77

Post by cmwade77 »

Ok, can anyone explain how to actually us the Link this path option with smart tracker? I keep getting error invalid linked CSV file path.