Page lenght error

Mark in Vegas

Page lenght error

Post by Mark in Vegas »

Any prints over 36" will kick this error. I've run TOF calibration and media advance calibration with no change. Before I order the TOF sensor thought I would see if anyone else has seen this.
Mark in Vegas

Re: Page lenght error

Post by Mark in Vegas »

After spending way more time than I should have, on a whim I pulled the roll 1 feed roller. Roll 1 is used to set media advance, TOF cal and several other calibrations. Cleaned the roller with rubber restore reinstalled it and reran the calibrations this time everything set up as it should. Nothing in the documentation would lead you to the feed roller but in retrospect I should have checked it sooner. At any rate the rollers are on order with any luck this will be the end of it.
kipdoctor
Site Admin

Post by kipdoctor »

what kind of mileage was on the unit before this occurred?
Mark in Vegas

Post by Mark in Vegas »

I knew someone would bring that up. Almost 2m. Don't know why that didn't occur to me, I know better.
Mark in Vegas

Post by Mark in Vegas »

Isn't the drawer roller. I'm getting HP involved.
Mark in Vegas

Post by Mark in Vegas »

The problem was an issue with the new firmware not writing the page length correctly. After a couple of false starts, the page length value wrote correctly and all is good......for the time being
shortround

Post by shortround »

what do you mean by false starts? We are having the same problem. trying to run 36X54 which gives the error.
after running the two adjustments 30X42 would print and we tried a 30X48 which also printed. before only 24X36 and smaller would print.
shortround

Post by shortround »

Went to Optimize quality on the home screen - advanced calibrations and ran solution #4 page length accuracy and this fixed our problem.
Mark in Vegas

Post by Mark in Vegas »

Glad you got it solved. HP support "suggests" running page length in the manual mode anytime you need to run the adjustment.