Roll Drawer One Rattling

Steve.Martin

Roll Drawer One Rattling

Post by Steve.Martin »

So we have over a million sqft on this machine here... We have noticed in the past couple of days that Drawer 1 starts to rattle and evently will trip the open door sensor and throw the error which shuts down the machine then gives a restart prompt. We can stand and hold it shut no problems. If we aren't there to hold it, around 50 to 100 sheets in production it will throw the error. Is there an Adjustment or a bend or bias I can put on the drawer so it wont keep rattling like that? These drawers are such a flimsy design They are worse than Kips or Oces. :) Any ideas would be awesome. Thank you again.

Steve
Mark in Vegas

Re: Roll Drawer One Rattling

Post by Mark in Vegas »

Don't get by here very often, sorry for the delay. If the rattle you have is the same as our 8000's in the drawer, clean every encoder in the drawer. Every motor has one and the transmissions also have one, just remove three screws and the cover to clean the transmission encoder. I've never seen a printer create as much paper dust as this one. Having said that start with the transmissions located at the front of the drawer.
Reprohouse

Post by Reprohouse »

One thing I am finding on these is, the drawer interlock switches are getting bent. Take the cover off (one on each side of drawer) and just bend the switch lever straight. Then tell the operator to take it easy on shutting the drawer :)
rickjamesand

Post by rickjamesand »

Whenever you notice a roll bucking or chattering, you have to clean the transmission encoder. All rolls should feed smooth in either direction.
cfrepro

Post by cfrepro »

I am not getting a rattling sound but I am getting an intermittent highs pitched squeal coming from what appears to be drawer one. Could this cause a Squealing sound?
Mark in Vegas

Post by Mark in Vegas »

There are so many places to look. The rubber feed rolls are driven by a that shaft runs across the front of the drawer. Where the shaft enters the transmission and the roller, the shaft end becomes worn and starts to squeak. There are also bearings supporting the center of both shafts that cause the same noise. Clean/lube the shaft anywhere it contacts a bearing or coupling. I would avoid WD40.
Jeffro

Post by Jeffro »

cfrepro wrote:I am not getting a rattling sound but I am getting an intermittent highs pitched squeal coming from what appears to be drawer one. Could this cause a Squealing sound?
I was having that issue as well. There's a white plastic gear driven by the paper input motor on each roll. It's under a cover on the left-hand side of the roll assembly. It doesn't have a bearing and just spins on a metal rod. That was the source of the offensive squealing in mine. Bit of oil on the rod and it went away. There's a lot of stuff that could squeak in there though, so ymmv.
BergZangwill

Post by BergZangwill »

All rolls should feed smooth in either direction.

nike air vapormax price
jedi4342

Post by jedi4342 »

Check and make sure the drawer locking latch is working properly. There is a 10 mm bolt that holds the latch in the right place. If it loosens up it will bind and cause an error. Almost sounds like the drawer is wanting to kick open, if you need to hold it closed