SmartStream Upgrade

tech2tech

SmartStream Upgrade

Post by tech2tech »

FYI: If you go on Hp's website you can download the newer firmware for your Pagewide and I would recommend doing this. The down side is that some versions of the Firmware require you to also upgrade Smart Stream which I have not found on Hp's website. If you need the new version of Smart Stream let me know. It just gets installed over the current version you have so you wont loose any settings.
"If you mess with a thing long enough, It'll break"
cmwade77

Re: SmartStream Upgrade

Post by cmwade77 »

The only place I have found the updated version of the Smart Stream software is on the FTP site, which is annoying because the plotter keeps insisting that we do updates without telling us that we also will need to update the smart stream software. In one case the firmware was updated a few days before the smart stream software came out and we had to downgrade the firmware.
Dmaynard

Post by Dmaynard »

In our Pittsburgh Production facility, I was not able to upgrade Smartstream from 6 to 7. I kept getting an error pop up screen. I had to uninstall Smartstream 6, restart the computer, and then I was able to install Smartstream 7 without any difficulty. The production folks haven't told me that any settings had been lost in the procedure.
David A. Maynard
Print-O-Stat Tech
Pittsburgh
Placebo

Post by Placebo »

Where did you get Smartstream version 7 from? I can only find version 6.
jedi4342

Post by jedi4342 »

6 is all I see as well. Been trying to find 7 , but have not as yet found it
oxident

Post by oxident »

Version 7 has been launched officially. You should see an update indicator in your current installation now.
Dmaynard

Post by Dmaynard »

My manager sends me links to the FTP site. That is how I get most of the PW firmware. Downloading the PW firmware off HP's consumer website has only been a failure for me. It takes so long, and then its corrupted when I get it to the PW. But the FTP site downloads so much quicker, and I have not had any issues with corrupt files. This has just been my experience with the PW firmware, other folks may have no issues with the PW firmware on the consumer site.
David A. Maynard
Print-O-Stat Tech
Pittsburgh
jedi4342

Post by jedi4342 »

I have had the same with trying to download from their website, but when I go to the ftp site it is much quicker and easier. Everything loads better with no errors. SmartStream 7 has been pretty good so far. We have less trouble with it then we did with 6. Love being able to enlarge the preview pain to full screen on a different monitor.
cmwade77

Post by cmwade77 »

I haven't had issues with their website as of late, which is nice and that includes getting the firmware from there. I can't use update firmware on the machine itself though, that never seems to work.
BergZangwill

Post by BergZangwill »

I had to uninstall Smartstream 6, restart the computer, and then I was able to install Smartstream 7 without any difficulty.

cappello donna lana