High Capacity Stacker cleaning

General info
Accentman

High Capacity Stacker cleaning

Post by Accentman »

I have a lot of ink build up on the plastic rollers of the high cap stacker. It is now causing tracking on the prints especially ones with lots of coverage. What is the best cleaner and method to use to remove the old build up of ink?
jedi4342

Re: High Capacity Stacker cleaning

Post by jedi4342 »

The only rollers that get the build up are usually the ones that have springs on them. I have used alcohol and 409 to clean the rollers. Also clean the black and grey rollers on the bottom that will have build up on them as well. You must be using RB paper. We have seen it not drying lately when coming out of the printers. If it is RB paper they will tell you the same thing they told me, you need to use HP premium paper. We just switch paper companies.
Accentman

Post by Accentman »

Thank you for the reply and info. Yes indeed RB paper. Seems the 30" is worse than the 36". I also noticed it gets worse during hot humid days. It doesn't seem to matter what paper settings are used it still comes out a little wet. I have over 6mil on the counter and I've had to clean them before with alcohol but I'll try again with both the 409 and alcohol this time. A lot of paper dust build up on them as well.

Thanks again!
jedi4342

Post by jedi4342 »

We are going to TST IMPRESO. They are cheaper and the ink dries. And I had a nice talk with the guy there. RB wanted to give me a bunch of #### and not back their product and said I would have to buy the HP Premium Bond for it to dry. I sent off 2 more emails to them and got no reply.
Accentman

Post by Accentman »

Thank you for the tip, I'll pass this on to purchasing and see if we can make the change. The drying is an issue but I have been getting tubs of 36x650 that are overwound. They just fit in the machine and then I have to pull 10 - 20 feet off the roll so it will spin. I'm sure this puts undue stress on the paper feed motors. Over the last year I have seen 4-5 skids like that. I've used RB since before, when they were Azon with good luck and great pricing but I guess those days are very long gone. Even toured the plant when they used to make the Diazo paper. Yes, I am that old. <LOL>
jedi4342

Post by jedi4342 »

I can relate. I've been in this business now for over 30 years and remember the old blueline paper. Do not miss the smell at all. PageWide makes it so much easier. Azon paper has not been around in a while. A lot has changed over the years.