pagewide XL 4000 error

General info
jwrycza

pagewide XL 4000 error

Post by jwrycza »

I was trained on these 2 years ago and this is my first repair. I have a 0010-0010-0059 code after every print and you have to reboot the machine for it to recover. While I was doing the mechtronics test, it errored out when I ran the belt movement test. I believe this static transmission needs replacement. Are they really that buried in there? The replacement procedure is pretty vague in the manual. Any tips or tricks? It would be appreciated!
rapids

Re: pagewide XL 4000 error

Post by rapids »

0010-0010-0059 Spittoon-belt motor/encoder – Servo shutdown
Call agent:

Ask the customer to check whether the spittoon belt is blocked by a paper jam, and restart the printer. If the problem persists, call support.
Service engineer:
Check if the spittoon encoder belt motor cover is installed (the Spittoon static transmission right (CZ309-67100) contains this cover together with the motor).
For HP-authorized personnel only
326 Chapter 6 System errors ENWW
If the cover is not installed, check if the encoder is stained with ink drops from the spittoon. If dirty, replace the Spittoon static transmission right (CZ309-67100) that contains the cover to protect encoder; there is no need to replace the spittoon. To install the encoder cover see the attached instructions. Alternatively, if a encoder cover is available, clean the encoder and place the encoder cover.
Check that the spittoon-belt motor is not blocked by a paper jam or anything else, and that it can spin properly. See 0010-022 Check mechatronics on page 479.
Remove the Spittoon and verify that the belt is working properly, and not broken or bound. If the spittoon belt is broken or bound replace the spittoon.
Check that the cable NI_45 is properly connected; replace it if necessary.
Replace the right spittoon static transmission, or the Print Bar Mechatronics PCA if necessary. Replace any damaged mechanical parts such as belts or gears.