Blank Prints

NathanMartell

Blank Prints

Post by NathanMartell »

Hello,

Has any one seen where a PageWide XL4100 will print blank sheet every other week? The PageWide has only been install for just over a month and this is the third time they have had blank sheets. I do notice the error 0090-0001-0097 around the time this happens. The customer reinstalls the driver before we arrive and that resolves the issue. The PageWide is at 14_01_03.1 and this also happened on 13_02_04.1. They are using the current PS driver not the PDF V4. When I am onsite they are printing with Adobe Reader. I even had the send me the file to test on a different PageWide. I can't find any issues with their PDF's.

Nathan Martell
jedi4342

Re: Blank Prints

Post by jedi4342 »

According to the manual on that code, you have done the 1st 2, now have you tried:

Check if there is an electrical failure with the Output pinches motor (see Paper-output pinches motor (CZ309-67142) on page 900). Use Diagnostics 0070-01 and 0070-02.

Replace the Output pinches motor if a failure is detected.

This is out of the manual. I haven't seen that code since firmware 13 was released. 12 did it all the time on some printers.
NathanMartell

Post by NathanMartell »

Thanks. We have not replaced the output pinch because we didn't think that would effect incoming data. The image in the queue is blank. Without us being able to duplicate this while onsite, we don't know if that error is occurring with the blank prints. It is worth a shot.
jedi4342

Post by jedi4342 »

We all know there are times that a error code has nothing to do with what it say it is. Good luck. At least it might be a starting point.