KIP 3000 Black Controller Repair

This is YOUR forum, what would you like to see here? Categories, subjects, etc.
T-Bone McSchak

KIP 3000 Black Controller Repair

Post by T-Bone McSchak »

Pulled my KIP 3000 out of storage (5 years) and plugged it in...got "Printer Ready" but the Touch Screen goes straight to sleep .... so...thought the battery was dead...took out the black controller and replaced the battery and put back together and same nothing on touch screen after initial message of no connection and going to sleep.
Machine worked perfectly when I put in storage.... can anybody fix this black controller...and anything I an do to test my black controller? My serial number begins with 105 and I've been told it means my black controller is a newer version and might be able to be repaired....is this true?
I see a green light turns on on the back when a white plug in connection goes, but don't really hear anything going on on the computer .... just feel a fan blowing.
Is there someone that can check out this black controller and tell what is bad on it?
(It has a disk taped to the bottom of it). thanks
cmwade77

Re: KIP 3000 Black Controller Repair

Post by cmwade77 »

This forum is about the HP Pagewide series of plotters, while a lot of us have knowledge on the KIP machines because we replaced them with the HPs, you will get more response from:
http://www.kipforum.org/viewforum.php?f ... 35a54e3b6c

That being said, it could be any of a number of issues:
I would first open the controller and check for any loose wires, probably unplugging and plugging them back in.

If the video card is separate form the motherboard, re-seat it.

It is also possible the power supply has died and needs to be replaced.

Look at the motherboard and see if there are any blown capacitors, removed and resolder new ones of same size, etc. in. (Normally I would say replace the motherboard at this point, but my understanding is that you can't do that on the controller and they won't sell you a new one)

There are many other options as well, but these are a few to start with.
jedi4342

Post by jedi4342 »

I have in the past, found a barebone computer the same as what you have. Take the interface card out and installed in the new computer. When it comes up it will give you the ISP #, Serial # and what ever else KIP needs. And they will send you new "KEY CODES" to install.
Sandraux09

Post by Sandraux09 »

cmwade77 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:27 pm This forum is about the HP Pagewide series of plotters, while a lot of us have knowledge on the KIP machines because we replaced them with the HPs, you will get more response from:
http://www.kipforum.org/viewforum.php?f ... 35a54e3b6c

That being said, it could be any of a number of issues:
I would first open the controller and check for any loose wires, probably unplugging and plugging them back in.

If the video card is separate form the motherboard, re-seat it.

It is also possible the power supply has died and needs to be replaced.

Look at the motherboard and see if there are any blown capacitors, removed and resolder new ones of same size, etc. in déménagement Saint-Etienne. (Normally I would say replace the motherboard at this point, but my understanding is that you can't do that on the controller and they won't sell you a new one)

There are many other options as well, but these are a few to start with.
I already had this bad experience once and the repair took a long time.