8000 printing real slow

General info
jedi4342

8000 printing real slow

Post by jedi4342 »

I have a PageWide 8000 out there that is printing a 24 x 36 every 7 to 8 sec. Has anyone else run into this problem? And do you know the answer to this question? LOL It was printing fine for over 4 million sq. ft. now it started printing real slow. Like it is printing on Vellium or something.
Mark in Vegas

Re: 8000 printing real slow

Post by Mark in Vegas »

If you're running from PDF's that's typical. Otherwise I'd start with a reload of the firmware.
Mark in Vegas

Post by Mark in Vegas »

You could try taking the firmware back a version to see if that changes anything.
jedi4342

Post by jedi4342 »

Found out what was doing it to the printer. Had to contact HP on this one, and talked to the right person on this go around. Ink cartridge is out of date. Boots up in safe mode. To get out of safe mode. Take out all ink cartridges, turn off printer, turn back on, put only ink back in with good dates on them. Customer had 3 out of 8 cartridges out of date. Printing 30 D's a min. again.
Mark in Vegas

Post by Mark in Vegas »

Are the expired cartridges still usable if you reinstall them? Our Z6800 and Z6200 will ignore the dates after the message is cleared. HP needs to rewrite the firmware, not everyone has a high volume printer. Boots to safe mode?? Wonder what the HP rep meant by that. Glad you got it solved.....
jedi4342

Post by jedi4342 »

They were pretty far out of date, one of them was over a year out of date. It did run for a long time without going into safe mode. Just so happened, I talked to the right person. That's not normally my luck. Most of the time I get a, we don't know yet, but if you find out, let us know.
BobbyLuashy

Post by BobbyLuashy »

If a printer is printing slowly, there could be several reasons for this, such as:

Low ink or toner levels: Printer performance can decrease as the ink or toner becomes low, and it may cause the printer to print more slowly
Clogged print head: If the print head is clogged with dried ink, it can slow down the printing process.
Outdated or corrupted printer driver: outdated or corrupted drivers can cause issues with the printer's performance
Network or connectivity issues: if the printer is connected to a network, slow performance can be caused by a poor connection or high traffic on the network.
Job size or complexity: if the print job is large or contains many graphics or images, it may take longer for the printer to process and print the job.