0020-0102-0001 error and constant jams

tcrawford_BPI

0020-0102-0001 error and constant jams

Post by tcrawford_BPI »

The error code slightly differs depending on which drawer you run it from since this is happening from all four rolls on the printer.

My issues first start with random jams flagging these errors. The error comes up (before you press the 'details' button) as a Firmware error. As an HP tech I am sure you know a firmware error means nothing. But I still flashed the firmware anyway. No help. The the details page says it is a cutter error so I replaced the cutter in drawer #2 since it was happening in the drawer. Since the issue was very random I thought it was fixed when I replaced the cutter. Then they called back saying it was still jamming. I assumed it was the 1st drawer cutter this time since by coincidence it was now jamming from the top deck. So now I have two cutters in the printer and it is still happening. So I thought maybe the last cutter I replaced was bad so I swapped the top and bottom drawer cutters, no help. I also run the cutter calibrations when i replace them too. I also was told the gear packs in the drawer can cause issues so I swapped out the front set for drawer #1 and it made no difference.

So I started digging deeper and this is where it has gone from intermittent to constant. If it gets one page out it is rare. It seems to stop in the paper loop area, sometimes it's cut the page, sometimes there is about 10-12" sticking out from the drawer into the loop area. I have swapped around and replaced a few sensors in the media path and it doesn't seem to help. I am at a complete loss now. Since I can't say what sensors are new and what have been swapped from another area I intend to replace all the ones listed below.

If this doesn't help I am completely out of ideas.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

-Terry
BPI Color.
cmwade77

Re: 0020-0102-0001 error and constant jams

Post by cmwade77 »

This is a crazy question, but is the plotter on a hard service or something kind of soft like carpet (even commercial carpet that is really thin)?

Our plotter was on carpet and our dealer had to add a single piece of plywood underneath it and the stacker, because the plotter would sink into the carpet at just a slightly faster rate than the stacker and it was just off enough to cause jams, but initially not all of the time, over time it happened more and more.

So something to consider and I would think this could happen on vinyl as well. I think you would be OK on concrete or tile, given the weights involved, even hardwood might have a problem.
jedi4342

Post by jedi4342 »

Remember that cutter in drawer 2 only trims the paper. All print running cuts are done in drawer 1. The bad part is, that it could be something else and not throw the right code. Have had that happen a couple of times. Makes it tough to find. Is there any resistance on the rolls that might cause it to hesitate for a slit second? Is it a 8000 with a small format speed kit on them?
Alnico

Post by Alnico »

Check for bent switch actuators on the closed door switches. If you cant see the metal, bend it back
npcrepro

Post by npcrepro »

This started happening to us after a large job I think the front draw panel on draw one came a bit loose and was not contacting the metal sensor, I believe we could bend if forward but we just taped the draw to secure it see the attached pictures to see the sensor I am talking about as well as where we taped the draw
Attachments
Binder1 3.jpg
Binder1 3.jpg (37.55 KiB) Viewed 4378 times
Binder1 2.jpg
Binder1 2.jpg (35.38 KiB) Viewed 4378 times
Binder1 1.jpg
Binder1 1.jpg (43.44 KiB) Viewed 4378 times
BLUPRINTS

Post by BLUPRINTS »

We just started having this problem. Has anyone figured out exactly what is causing this problem and a fix for it? appreciate any help.
rapids

Post by rapids »

Funny, i just fixed this issue today. Ours was the 5 screws on the inside of the front door had come real loose and the interlock switches would momentarily open due to the flex of the cover. The motion of the cutter was enough to stop the print and throw a jam error. Tightened them up and good to go for us! see pic.
Attachments
Door screw
Door screw
door sm.jpg (46.35 KiB) Viewed 2980 times
Dustpup

Post by Dustpup »

Check the limiter switches on both ends of the cutter drawer one. They may have busted.
Also I have had Paper dust get into the decoder rings of the cutter motor and cause this issue. Can of air or air compressor fixed that.