Jam Jam Jam Jam Jam

Mark in Vegas

Jam Jam Jam Jam Jam

Post by Mark in Vegas »

If you're using paper supplied by Dietzgen and are seeing jams on 22 and 30 primarily i'd like to hear from you. If you're a self maintainer like me I'd REALLY like to speak to you.
Mark in Vegas

Re: Jam Jam Jam Jam Jam

Post by Mark in Vegas »

After several sessions with HP support I was given this list of adjustments to perform in order. I've done these before but not all at the same time and in order. Waiting and watching..........
Maybe this will help someone else:

Here is the list of calibrations to run regarding the jamming issues:

Cutters: clean and calibrate both drawers
Drawers - clean with compressed air
Roll friction calibration run on all 4 rolls
Feed roller calibration
TOF calibration
Media Advance calibration
Line sensor calibration
Image length calibration

Save new settings as necessary.

Reload the paper and set type to 90g/sm plain paper
cmwade77

Post by cmwade77 »

We actually use the HP paper designed for the machine, it wasn't that much more expensive, the quality is nicer and it uses less ink and yes, the claims they make about it reducing ink consumption really are true and it is a dramatic difference.

That being said, our machine is installed on carpet, it isn't very thick carpet, but carpet nonetheless and we were getting a lot of jams and noticed the stacker wasn't quite aligning to the machine. So our dealer put a single piece thick plywood under the machine and stacker and the jams went away.
Doug in NM

Post by Doug in NM »

I realize I'm late to the game on this post, but were you able to find a solution for this? I'm a self maintainer, 30" constantly jamming in loop feed area, tried calibrations, paper length, different paper vendors, opened up the machines on several occasions looking for anything. Not having any luck. As always, any input is appreciated.
Ronc00

Post by Ronc00 »

Do you still have the small format kit installed on the machine? I have removed it (just the adjustable bolts that go through the 6 loop baffles) from every XL 8000 we have in the field due to jamming issues. You need to go into service mode and disable the small format kit also.
Doug in NM

Post by Doug in NM »

The small format kits are not installed on our machines, however, we have had much better luck with the 30" using a different paper vendor. We had been using dietzgen and the paper seemed to have little or no curl whereas canon paper has a good amount of curl and seems to run much better entering the belts. Dietzgen has since sent a new pallet that we have yet to test out as we're still using canon pallets now. Hope this is helpful.