New Member! Overheat Error....

pballard

New Member! Overheat Error....

Post by pballard »

Hello!

I have been designated to help everyone in our office troubleshoot out new PageWide XL 5000.

I have no formal training, and very little experience with this machine; however, I am quick to learn and not afraid to ask questions. I'm pretty sure our IT guy was just tired of being pestered to turn it on and off in the advent that it crashed, so upper management put me on it. I'd rather learn a thing or two and become a bit more proficient with the tech than just be the go to on/off guy, so I'd appreciate any help.

Introduction completed...

Question 1:

I do not have the specific error code or message on me, but I am sure it will pop up later today (at which point I'll do my best to record it). Anyone else been having a reoccurring error that forces you to shut down the machine due to a "Overheating" error. I've been told from our trained rep. that this is a false error. False error or not it shuts the machine down and stops production for everyone about 3 times a day for about 10 minutes a pop.

Truly I'm not sure if this is a hardware or software issue. Hardware if it is indeed overheating; software if it is a false error?

Thoughts or similar experiences?
tech2tech

Re: New Member! Overheat Error....

Post by tech2tech »

The Pagewide only comes with a optional heater in the asian market. So if you are not in that market there is no heating device on the machine. If you provide the error code I may be of more assistance to you. On a side note Make sure you are running the latest firmware found on HP's website. If you do upgrade the Firmware you may also need to upgrade SmartStream if you purchased it. Contact me if this is the case and I can help you out with that.
"If you mess with a thing long enough, It'll break"
RMBP

Post by RMBP »

Firmware is most likly the issue. When updating the firmware you will also have to update Smartstream as it is tied to the firmware.
Ronc00

Post by Ronc00 »

It's the Intel cooling fan on the controller. Very big fan. You'll notice that 2 or 3 of the plastic fastening screws are not tight. I've even seen the fan fall off completely. I've seen this 3 times now. I'm sure this is your issue.